Holiday Gift Guide for Men
Upholding true “guy fashion,” I really haven’t done much holiday gift buying at all. Part of the problem is coming up with what to get – I want it to be personalized, but also appreciate when the gift is convenient and easy to obtain.
So if you’re anything like me and you’ve waited until the last minute and struggle with what to get, here are a few ideas for your male friends, family members and even co-workers.
Deciding what to get is 75 percent of the battle. So in an attempt to alleviate some of the guesswork, we’ve compiled a list of skincare gifts you can give this holiday season. Who wouldn’t want the gift of better skin?
The Dapper Gent
For some, shaving is just a necessary evil, but for others it’s approached with the same care a groundskeeper tends the well-manicured Gardens of Versailles. Regardless, there are some tools and services that can make the act of man-scaping less of a chore, and increase the fun factor as it were for those who enjoy it:
- Scrub – a nice scrub like Buffed will exfoliate dead cells and soften the skin making for a smoother and more comfortable shave.
- A badger brush – these brushes create a thicker lather to prevent razor skipping or dragging, and, similar to a scrub, provide a mild exfoliation and soften and lift the hair for an easier shave.
- Gift certificate for a professional shave – there’s something about a pros technique that makes shaving a treat. A straight razor, hot towel and if you’re lucky a facial massage, can turn any day into magnificent.
Man on the Move
Sometimes there’s just not enough time in the day, and we all have someone in our lives who lives this every day. For those guys on the go, easy skincare kits and express treatments make great gifts.
- RA for Men 1-2-3 Method kit – this is a simple skincare kit, but hits all the vital elements: cleanse (Blue Agave), build (Stone Power), and protect (EnviroProtect).
- Cntrl.Halt. Del. – these cleansing pads are great for quick cleanses after the gym or for those rushed mornings. They keep oil and bacteria at bay with little effort.
- RA for Men Express – this 30-minute treatment is quick, but packs a punch…it’s also the right amount of relaxation time for busy guys.
The Tense and Fatigued
For those in high-stress work environments consider a spa gift certificate for a mini escape and stress reliever.
- Gift certificate to a salon or men – there are several throughout the country and they’re dedicated specifically to men (think country club or boys club meets old fashioned parlor). A simple online search will reveal a bevy of options.
Hopefully this list provides you some guidance and generates a few ideas. You might even indulge in a couple of these yourself to escape the hustle and bustle of the season. Happy Holidays!
Special thanks to The Men's Room by Craig the Barbar. Check out his Facebook pagehere!