How to Care for your Skin Like an NFL Legend
With the biggest game in football just a couple days behind us, everyone is buzzing about the fourth Super Bowl win for New England Patriot’s quarterback, Tom Brady.
Brady undoubtedly has a life to admire (if not, downright envy). A storied NFL career, a supermodel wife (the one and only Gisele Bundchen), unjust good looks, and three kids – what’s not to love? Although he may have had some good breaks along the way, the bulk of his success is arguably a result of a life marked by discipline and regimens.
As the counterpart to the world’s highest-paid supermodel and the face of the New England Patriots, Brady has endless reasons for being photographed and videotaped. With a high-pressure job and a lot of media exposure, great skin is undoubtedly a necessity of the job.
We don’t know exactly what his skincare routine looks like, but since Brady builds his life around routine, I’d be willing to bet he’s regimented. Here’s what we think the all-star athlete does to care for his skin and how you can do the same.
- Cleanse: As a football player, Brady spends a lot of time outdoors practicing and playing. With his exposure to the elements, it’s likely his skin battles its fair share of dirt and sweat (an the off put of sweat, sebum). Proper cleansing is step one. It’s the foundation. Work the cleanser into the skin for several minutes, then rinse using a washcloth and warm water, checking to make sure there is no residue on the cloth. A granular scrub may be incorporated here as well.
- Tone: Read any interview with Tom Brady, and it’s easy to see he is all about strengthening himself in any way he can. This may also be true for his skin. Applying a mineral-based toner after cleansing will help strengthen, hydrate and refresh the skin.
- Rebuild: Sun, sweat, football sod, and even intense exercise can do a number on the skin. Brady likely doesn’t have much free time on his hands, so a powerful skin firming formula will make an impact without a major time commitment. Look to mineral, vitamin and peptide complex to help regenerate the skin and keep it healthy.
- Replenish and Protect: At 37-years-old, Brady may be starting to show some of the signs of aging. It’s an inevitable part of life we all must face, but Brady does a great job holding onto his youthful appearance. To help combat the inevitable, however, skin needs to be replenished and protected. A nutrient-rich hydrating serum along with a mineral-based protection cream will help support youthful skin for you too.
- Sleep and Mindful Eating: And last, but not least, Brady is very clear about what he does (and doesn’t do) to be good to his whole body. He aims to be in bed at 9 p.m. each night, so he can rise early and enjoy the benefits of a good night’s rest. He also generally avoids alcohol, and reaches for whole foods over processed ones. All of this contributes greatly to clear thinking and healthy skin.
It may be worth stealing some of Brady’s elite moves to achieve greatness. He’s one athlete worth taking some tips from for all-star skin and to be at the top of your game, whatever it is.